October 27, 2009
Office Organizing & Storage Tips, Plus Free Shipping from ReStockIt.com
Leading online retailer of office and cleaning supplies provides tips for office organization and discounts on office supplies
HOLLYWOOD, FL – October 27, 2009 – ReStockIt.com, one of the leading online retailers of discount office supplies, cleaning supplies, technology supplies and consumer electronics, offers tips on office organizing and free shipping on the bestselling office storage, organization and cleaning products.
- Take inventory. An office organizing project may seem like a daunting task, so start with making a plan and breaking it down into smaller, manageable tasks. First, remove everything from your workspace by sorting and putting the items into clear piles. Using office storage products like stackable sorting shelves, desk trays and storage bins help you sort and organize in one step.
- Purge. As you sort your workspace clutter, be sure to throw away papers and other items that are taking up space in your office. Grab a big outdoor trash can and recycling bins to get rid of your trash. Dispose of any paperwork you have electronically, duplicates, drafts you no longer need and printer “mistakes.” Be sure to use a home paper shredders to destroy any sensitive documents. Also, get rid of nonessential items that are just collecting dust. Do you really need those giant dice from last year’s trade show?
- Cleanse. Now that your workspace surfaces are clear, it’s time for a good cleaning. All purpose cleaners like Ka-Boom all purpose cleaner work on furniture, table tops and some floors. Dust, wash and vacuum with cleaning supplies from ReStockIt.com as part of your office organizing.
- Optimize your workspace. With the clutter gone, take a look at your workspace and make sure its set up for the way you use it. Does your office furniture fit your needs? Is your desk big enough? Do you have the most efficient office tools such as a good telephone system, white board/cork board for notes and brainstorming, etc. If not, now is the time to move things around or get new office furniture to maximize your productivity.
- Find a place for everything. Clutter – gone. Office – clean. Workspace –optimized. Now it’s time to find a place for everything you’ve decided to keep. Make the most out of your office storage. Add in and out bins for your most important paper work, file away things you don’t need on a daily basis in filing cabinets. Add bookshelves or organize your existing shelves with the things you use most the most accessible. Be sure to group important papers and staple related documents together.
- Label, Label, Label. Now that your office storage solutions are in place, make sure you’ll always know what’s in those files. Get a label maker to clearly mark all hanging files, folders and cabinets or buy products such as Avery labels to color-code your folders and files to easily categorize your documents.
- Computer cleanup. With your physical files are in order, don’t forget about your electronic ones. Use organization software and calendars to keep track of importing meetings and projects. Don’t forget an external hard drive or other methods to back up your important documents.
- Untangle your cords - and your life. Computer cords, phone cords, cell phone chargers, headset cords, they always end up a tangled mess under the desk. Tidy up that mess with cord concealers and cord organizers. Also, make sure your electronics are not only organized but protected with surge protectors.
- Stock up on supplies. paper, files, folders, pens and pencils are all part of a well stocked office. Make sure you have all the supplies you need, and a proper storage spot for each of them.
- Maintain and enjoy. Every week, do a mini-version of the office organization tips. Sort your paperwork into files and office storage bins, wipe down your workspace with all purpose cleaners, throw away or recycle papers you don’t want to keep, clean up your computer and take inventory of your office supplies. Doing these easy steps once a week will ensure your office stays organized and free of clutter.
For more tips on office organizing and for all of your office supplies, office furniture and office storage needs, visit ReStockIt.com. Bestselling office supplies are available for up to 70% off and free shipping is offered on more than 100,000 products.
ReStockIt.com founded in 2004 by entrepreneurs David Redlich and Matt Kuttler, has fast become one of the leading online retailers of restaurant supplies, discount office supplies, cleaning and janitorial supplies, technology, electronics and tools and office storage serving the small business and consumer markets. Through its website, ReStockIt.com, the company offers more than 200,000 products, including home paper shredders and staples manufacturers such as Avery, Energizer, HP (Hewlett Packard), and Purell-Gojo. ReStockIt.com has been honored with many prestigious awards including South Florida Business Journal Business of the Year, Finalists for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, and one of the 500 fastest growing companies by industry leading Internet Retailer Magazine.
Visit us online at http://www.ReStockIt.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ReStockIt or follow us on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/ReStockIt for deals on office organization and cleaning supplies, office supplies (including staples and home paper shredders ), office furniture, technology and more.