5 Tips for Planning a Holiday Party on a Budget
ReStockIt.com’s Plastic Dinnerware, Bar Supplies and Bounty Paper Towels at Wholesale Prices Make it Easy to Put Together a Holiday Party on the Cheap
HOLLYWOOD, FL – December 10, 2009 - Many holiday party planners are finding this to be a year of frugality. With businesses cutting back, it’s becoming harder and harder to share the holiday bounty. Paper towels and paperclips are replacing jingle bells and mistletoe in many offices.
A poll by global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray and Christmas found that only 62 percent of companies are planning parties, down from 77 percent a year ago and 90 percent in 2007.
But some business analysts are warning employers against becoming Scrooges’ this year. Canceling a company holiday party can lower office moral, potentially leading to decreased productivity, they warn.
So, instead of cutting out the party, try cutting back. RestockIt.com offers these five ways to save money while keeping the office festive.
1. Hold the Christmas party at the office: Companies accustomed to going to a local watering hole for their get-together can instead host their own parties for less by purchasing their own mixers and bar supplies and letting employees fix their own drinks.
>>Discount Bar Supplies
>>Cocktail Drink Mixes
>>Plastic Wine Glasses
2. Buy in Bulk: Company party planners often forget to look beyond the holidays. There may be only one Christmas party each year, but there always seems to be an office birthday party, anniversary, luncheon or other celebrations. It’s a waste of time and money to buy the basics every time there’s a special occasion. At sites like RestockIt.com, party planners can spend a few minutes buying a bounty of paper towels, plastic dinnerware, bar supplies and accessories that will last a year or more.
3. Hold a pot luck party: It’s not the end of the world if you don’t have enough money to have the party catered. Ask employees to bring their favorite dishes and tell them you will supply the drinks, bar supplies and plastic dinnerware. Make it a friendly competition by having partiers vote on their favorite dish and award the winner a small gift certificate.
4. Supply your own entertainment: The band “Belly up to the Bar” supplies the hits in one of the hottest night spots in town, but that doesn’t mean you have to hire them for your party to be a success. Pick up a few holiday CDs from big-name artists and hold holiday-related trivia contests and other party games, giving gift certificates to the winners.
5. Include time off as part of the party: Sometimes the best Christmas present a boss can give is a little time off. Employees won’t think twice about attending the party held in the office if it means and hour or two away from work. And when the clock does strike 5 p.m., throw open the bar. Supplies of good moral are sure to follow. Toss in a couple of pizzas or maybe a big sandwich, and suddenly the scaled-back party may become a new holiday tradition.
>>Calendars and Organizers
At RestockIt.com, buyers can find all the party supplies they need in one place, buying as many paper towels, plastic dinnerware sets, holiday decorations and bar supplies as necessary.
So be frugal, but take time to sip the egg nog.
ReStockIt.com founded in 2004 by entrepreneurs David Redlich and Matt Kuttler, has fast become one of the leading green online retailers of cheap party supplies, office supplies, cleaning supplies and restaurant supplies serving the small business and consumer markets. Through its website, ReStockIt.com, the company offers more than 200,000 products, including Bounty paper towels, bar supplies, plastic dinnerware and more from name-brands like Avery, Energizer, Hewlett Packard, and Purell-Gojo. ReStockIt.com has been honored with many prestigious awards including South Florida Business Journal Business of the Year, Finalists for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, and one of the 500 fastest growing companies by industry leading Internet Retailer Magazine.
Visit us online at http://www.ReStockIt.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ReStockIt or follow us on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/ReStockIt for cheap holiday party planning ideas and supplies like plastic dinnerware, Bounty paper towels, napkins, foil pans, snacks and cocktail drink mixes,